In the end, it's an okay project.
I think that the project shines more in it's short stories than the over arching story however I think thats because the over arching story was originally meant to be longer, and more drawn out.
I think though the start is visually strong, when it gets to abridging it some of it's stronger visual images don't make the impact that they could have if they were expanded upon.
In retrospect perhaps i should of focused on the idea of building up to one moment.
Though that might lack the overall foreshadowing with the that change.
Originally being that the larger story would be taking place at the end, more as a "How did this character get here" story, while it does retain some of that, it largely doesn't have the same gravitas as I feel it should.
I feel that in order for this to move forward i would like to work more off it's short sequences than it's longer ones, and overall perhaps be more concise in it's story telling? It's more of a learning process, and i think the 56 page project was a bit much, trying to both keep the page number down and effectively create good atmosphere within it.
I think that it overall needs tweaking if i would present it to a company i would only show the shorter 3-4 page shorts i've done as they represent the overall feeling i want to go for. I would like to attempt more short form stories and work with some adaptation first before i start pitching more longer form stuff so i can properly explore what i can do with narrative. Though it is not like this was not a learning experience in itself.
In this project i realised towards the end, i was largely burnt out on it, and in retrospect i feel i would of made a more consistent product with a smaller page count, but in the end i think thats a learning process in itself.
No comments:
Post a Comment